Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Melissa Munchie @ Johny's Luncheonette

Are those onion rings on there? Yup.

Johny's Luncheonette has been serving up their version of greasy spoon sandwich art for 15 years in Chelsea on 25th street between 6th and 7th Ave. Known as "The mother of all father and son hole in the walls" I decided to give it a try.

While a lot of their specialty sandwiches look promising (the Famous Sloppy Johny with Grilled Chicken, Bacon, Onions, Cheese and Coleslaw on a Hero is the signature dish), I defaulted to an out-of-towner for my decision. Hey, that's what I do. I eat so you don't have to. She picked out the Melissa Munchie: Hot Roast Beef, Sautéed Mushrooms, Onion Rings, and Melted Mozzarella on Garlic Bread. As you can see I muffed up the sammy and got it on whole wheat, a mistake I will not duplicate next time. Overall, I love any sandwich that throws on side items; coleslaw, potato chips, french fries, and in this case, onion rings. It's a good sandwich, but a little dry, I was craving a little spicy brown mustard to go with the onion ring theme. Next time I'll stick to the menu. What's another sandwich that looks good to you?

No comments: